[BHS etree] EVENT: WriterCoach Connection Read-and-Write-a-thon, Sat. 6/6

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue May 19 15:27:08 PDT 2009

Please do not contact the e-tree; contact Sahib-Amar Khalsa
sakk at mindspring.com

WriterCoach Connection is holding a Read-and-Write-a-thon at the King Middle School library on Saturday, June 6 from 8 a.m. till 6 p.m. to keep our program alive next year. (Note: The venue has been changed to King.)

Since 2001, WCC volunteer writing coaches have been working one-on-one with students of all abilities on their English assignments at Berkeley High. Since receiving coaching, more students are turning in their assignments, and writing-assessment scores are improving in the districts where we coach.

Please consider supporting our READ-and-WRITE-a-thon by making a donation. Pledging even a small amount will go a long way toward ensuring the survival of WriterCoach Connection in the coming years. To donate to the Read-and-Write-a-thon, please visit our fundraising page: http://www.firstgiving.com/writercoachconnection

We could also use your help the day of the event. If you'd like to read aloud, or write, or read on your own on June 6, please sign up with Christine McGuinness at cmcguinness at sbcglobal.net.

We're scheduling readers young and old to read aloud for 20-minute intervals throughout the day, including a reading of A Raisin in the Sun. There may also be a special time for student poetry reading. There will also be tables where people can read silently and write. Readers are welcome to bring anything dear to their hearts to read.

Please click on the link below to learn more and make a donation. And many thanks for your support and generosity.

http://www.firstgiving.com/writercoachconnection

Sahib-Amar Khalsa
BHS Site Coordinator - WriterCoach Connection
510-237-6963