[BHS etree] ADMIN: 2ND week schedule for the IB/AP exams

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun May 10 19:59:41 PDT 2009

Please do not contact the e-tree; contact Janet Huseby
jhuseby at pacbell.net

Below is Week II and III of the IB and AP exams.  If you are doing an extended time shift and the venue is "To Be Announced," please come by the front desk on your way in -- the front desk volunteer will direct you to the proper venue.

Thank you one and all!

Janet
BHS Volunteer Coordinator

Monday, May 11:

AP Biology (am: 7:30 a.m.) Donahue Gym

Christa Rybczynski

AP Music Theory (am: 7:30 a.m.) A 201

Yvonne Donnelley

AP Physics (pm: 11:45 p.m.) Donahue Gym

Barbara Oldershaw
Carol Lashof

Tuesday, May 12:

AP Chemistry (am: 7:30 a.m.) Jacket Gym

Betsy Bigelow-Teller
Laurel Fletcher
Susan Lawrence
Christina Tarr
Ludmila Budaeva ET

AP Environmental Science (am: 7:30 a.m.) Donahue Gym

Martha Crusius
Amy Foster
Sarah Cunniff
Joan Bradus
Carol Brownstein
Karen Miller

Extended Time Chemistry (pm: 11:30 a.m.) Venue TBA

Mary Ann Kassier

Extended Time Environmental Science (pm: 11:30 a.m.) Venue TBA

Peter Flessel

Wednesday, May 13:

AP English Language and Composition (am: 7:30 a.m.) Donahue Gym

Teresa M. Olson
Laura Morland
Wendy Walker Moffat
Laurie Soman
Debbie Stimpson

Extended Time English Language and Composition (pm: 11:30 p.m.) VenueTBA

Liz Goodrich

Thursday, May 14:

AP Macroeconomics (am: 7:30 a.m.) Donahue Gym

Karen Meryash
Susan Wolf
Margit Roos-Collins
Peggy O'Neill
Tuyen Nguyen

AP World History (am: 7:30 a.m.) College and Career Center

Victoria Angello

Extended Time Macroeconomics (pm: 11:30 p.m.) Venue TBA

Joan Bradaus

Friday, May 15:

AP Spanish Literature (7:30 a.m.) Donahue GYM

Laurie Soman

AP Latin (11:45 a.m.) Donahue Gym

Judy Dickman (must leave at 3:30 )

Monday, May 18: This is a school Holiday Venue TBA

IB Spanish (7:50 a.m.) Students report at 8 a.m.

Kaeleen Costa
Amy Mezey

IB Chemistry (12:05 p.m.) Students report at 12:15 p.m. Venue TBA

Lissa Miner
Michele Maguire Merrill

Tuesday, May 19:

IB Chemistry (8:50 a.m.) Students report at 9 a.m. Venue TBA

Jeanne Schuman
Despina Prapavessi

Thursday, May 21:

IB French (7:50 a.m.) Students report at 8 a.m. Venue TBA

Betsy Bigelow-Teller

Proctoring tasks:

Proctors arrive 15 minutes before students in the AP exams and 10 minutes before students in the IB exam.  Proctors help with check in.

They distribute test booklets and answer sheets, they walk up and down, they pass out pencils, they give out bathroom passes, they collect the answer sheets and test booklets and they legitimatize the exam.

Berkeley High is required to have one proctor for each set of 35 students. Should we be audited during the course of an exam the results could be invalidated should we have an undercount of proctors.  BHS offers a huge number of exams.  It is one of the reasons Newsweek ranks Berkeley High School in the top 5% of US public high schools. "AP and IB participation are indicators of a school's effort to get students to excel and prepare for college," the magazine writes.  But, we cannot offer these exams without your help -- for which we, as a community, are very grateful.