[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: AP/IB venues, Instructions, May 6 openings

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun May 3 09:32:40 PDT 2009

 Contact: Janet Huseby, jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. I have almost filled all the AP/IB proctoring slots. EXCEPT for Calculus,
Wednesday, May 6 in the morning. For that exam I still need TWO more
proctors.  I am beyond fretting..If you can help, PLEASE let me know.

2. In the meanwhile,  below is the latest schedule for the AP/IB proctoring
with venues for the first two days.  I will post the rest of the venues as I
receive them.  If you have volunteered for an AP or IB exam, please take a
moment to look the schedule over to make sure I have entered you on the
correct date. This is important as I have already made several mistakes that
I know of including giving out incorrect venues.  Below you will also find
general instructions.

3. Proctors should report directly to their designated venue.  Once there
please sign in and get a volunteer badge.  Please write your name on the
badge.

4. Bring a sweater.  The rooms can be chilly.  A number of tests have
extended time. ET students have qualified for double time or time and a
half.  Because the timing is different they take their exam in a different
location. I have assigned all ET reliefs (that is starting at 11:30 a.m.)
but not the proctors for the morning extended.  I will randomly ask proctors
as they arrive if they can take the ET kids. If you end up in a conference
room proctoring these students, you will want something to read.  Everyone
should bring something to read just in case.

5. I realized that we are asking afternoon proctors to come half an hour
early.  Fifteen minutes should be sufficient.  Please report at 11:45.
(Students will report at noon). If you are doing an afternoon extended time,
still come at 11:30.

6. Just to make everything more complicated I have jury duty on Monday, May
4.  If I am not there in person, Ms Williams will have the schedule and will
be in charge of volunteers as well as everything else.

Finally, thank you very much.  Our children are fortunate to be supported by
such a wonderful community.

AP Proctoring Schedule with venues

Monday, May 4:
AP US Government (am: 7:20 a.m. -) 5 proctors
Donahue Gym
               Sandra Hunt
               Lina Lamirande
               Margaret Carter
               Laura Morland
               Abby Ginzberg

AP French Language (pm: 11:45 a.m.) 1 proctor
Donahue Gym
               Laurie Slama

Extended Time US Government (pm: 11:30 a.m.) 1 proctor
East Gallery of the Community Theater

            Nadja Lazansky

Tuesday, May 5:
AP Computer Science (am: 7:20 a.m.) 1 proctor
College and Career Center
               Yvonne Donnelley

AP Spanish Language (am: 7:20 a.m.) 4 proctors
Donahue Gym

            Lina Lamirande

            Martha Crusius

            Christine Hastorf

            Candida Silva

AP Statistics (pm: 11:45 a.m.) 4 proctors
East Gallery of the Community Theater

            Melissa Alden

            Beth Zeitman

Margaret Carter

Donna Collins

Wednesday, May 6:
AP Calculus AB/BC (am: 7:20 a.m.) 6 proctors
               Jim Jacobs
               Carol McDermott
               Jan Austerlitz ET

              Julie McNamara

 IB Biology (pm: 12:15 p.m. to 3:30) 2 proctors
               Nan Xiong
               Teresa M. Olson
Extended Time Calculus (pm: 11:30 a.m.) 1 proctor
               Sadhana Seelam

Thursday, May 7:
AP English Literature and Composition (am: 7:20 a.m.) 3 proctors
               Lynn Van Housen
               Carol Hirth
               Laura Morland
 IB Biology (am) 2 proctors (9:15 to 11)
               Sarah Cunniff
               Leah Wilson
Extended Time  AP English Lit and Composition (pm: 11: 30 a.m.) 1 proctor
               Sadhana Seelam

Friday, May 8:
AP US History (am) 4 proctors

            Laurie Soman

            Eve Hershcopf

            Judy Dickman

            Pat Anderson

AP Studio Art (pm: 11:45 a.m.)          1 proctor

            Debby Murphy

Extended Time US History (pm: 11:30 a.m.) 1 proctor
               Shawna Hartman Brotsky

Monday, May 11:
AP Biology (am: 7:20 a.m.) 1 proctor

            Christa Rybczynski

AP Music Theory (am: 7:20 a.m.) 1 proctors
               Yvonne Donnelley
AP Physics (pm: 11:45 p.m.) 2 proctors
               Barbara Oldershaw
               Carol Lashof

Tuesday, May 12:
AP Chemistry (am: 7:20 a.m.- 11:30 ish) 5 proctors

            Betsy Bigelow-Teller

            Laurel Fletcher

            Susan Lawrence

            Christina Tarr

            Ludmila Budaeva ET (to be confirmed)

 AP Environmental Science (am: 7:20 a.m.) (6 proctors)
               Martha Crusius
               Amy Foster
               Sarah Cunniff
               Joan Bradus
               Carol Brownstein

               Karen Miller

Extended Time Chemistry (pm: 11:30 a.m.) 1 proctor
               Mary Ann Kassier
Extended Time Environmental Science (pm: 11:30 a.m.) 1 proctor
               Peter Flessel

Wednesday, May 13:
AP English Language and Composition (am: 7:20 a.m. to 11:30ish) 5 proctors
               Teresa M. Olson
               Laura Morland
               Wendy Walker Moffat
               Laurie Soman
               Debbie Stimpson

Extended Time English Language and Composition (pm: 11:30 p.m.) 1 proctor

            Liz Goodrich

Thursday, May 14:
AP Macroeconomics (am: 7:20 a.m.) 5 proctors

            Karen Meryash

            Susan Wolf

            Margit Roos-Collins

            Peggy O'Neill

            Tuyen Nguyen

AP World History (am: 7:20 a.m.) 1 proctor
               Victoria Angello
Extended Time Macroeconomics (pm: 11:30 p.m.) 1 proctor

            Joan Bradaus

Friday, May 15:
AP Spanish Literature (am: 7:20 a.m.) 1 proctor
               Laurie Soman
AP Latin (pm: 11:45 p.m.) 1 proctor
               Judy Dickman (must leave at 3:30 )

Monday, May 18: This is a school Holiday
IB Spanish (am) 2 proctors (8 to 12)
               Kaeleen Costa
               Amy Mezey
IB Chemistry (pm) 2 proctors (12:15 to 3:30)
               Lissa Miner
               Michele Maguire Merrill

Tuesday, May 19:
IB Chemistry (am) 2 proctors (9:15-11)