[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Golf Tournament to support BHS Athletics

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Apr 15 15:41:56 PDT 2009

Contact Manish Doshi [mailto:manishd at comcast.net]

The Berkeley Athletic Fund has been working hard to organize various
fundraising events to ease the impact of budget cuts on high school
athletics--particularly freshman sports.  But we can't do it without you!

Two FUN events require a number of volunteers (and golfers, if you choose):

Friday, May 1, BAF's Annual Golf Tournament takes place at Tilden Golf
Course.  Helping out at this event is more fun than work, because everyone
is happy (maybe not with their golf game) but because they are out in the
fresh air in beautiful Tilden Park on a Friday.  See below for volunteer
time slots.

Saturday, May 2 is the 3rd Annual Hall of Fame Event where former BHS
student athletes, coaches, and even athletic directors will be honored by
being inducted into the Berkeley Athletic Fund Hall of Fame.  The luncheon
and ceremony takes place in Donahue Gym from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm.  Volunteers
will be needed, contact Manish to offer assistance or donations.

More details about participating in both events are at
http://www.berkeleyathleticfund.org/
You can also show your support by bidding on our BAF auction or donating
items for the Auction:  http://www.bafonlineauction.cmarket.com/

HOWEVER, right now, please consider volunteering during one of the following
times on Friday, May 1 at Tilden:

Berkeley High School Golf Classic
May 1st, 2009 Tilden Park Golf Course in Berkeley

Volunteer Time Slots

1:00 to 3:00 pm
Two volunteers to help on Prize/Game holes (these volunteers will oversee
prize/game holes - you don't need to know anything about golf - just
observe, measure and tally prizes)

3:00 to 6:00 pm
Seven volunteers to help on Prize/Game holes (see above)

5:00 to 6:30 pm
Help set up picnic buffet dinner food (at least 4 volunteers needed)

Other help needed:
Volunteers to make and bring salads: at least 6 needed to feed 50 people.
You don't need to stay, just come and bring your salad.  Sandwiches are
being purchased for the golfers, but we need to add all kinds of salads to
make it hearty and festive!

Manish Doshi
Berkeley Athletic Fund Coordinator
manish_baf at comcast.net