[BHS etree] EVENT: BHS Live a resounding success!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Mar 18 21:58:02 PDT 2009

Please do not contact the e-tree; contact Jane Wise wiselevin at gmail.com

Thank you to all of you at BHS and beyond who helped to organize over the last few months, who worked on the day of and the day after, and those who attended, sponsored, donated to and supported the event on Sunday. BHS Live-Funding Our Future raised over $45,000.00 for our school! We are well on our way to having the infrastructure for a yearly school wide auction/gala fundraiser which we hope will grow each year.

Here are some excerpts from those who attended the event:

>From a teacher....
'That was one fantastic fundraiser this evening.  Thank you all so much for all your hard work and all your time spent on this event.  It was so nice to see all the parental and community support for Berkeley High.  As a teacher I appreciate your generous donations to the school.  I wish more teachers would show up and see the faces of all the people who support them.'

And....
'So many people came up to me to tell me what a "first-class" event it was!  The decorations, the food, the entertainment, the silent and live auctions, the ticket sales, clean up, etc. were all incredible.'

>From our sponsor and host at Berkeley Honda-Steve Haworth......
'I have always believed that a community dedicated to kids can move mountains when they work together towards a common goal and once again my belief was validated. Last night, I took a few brief moments to walk through the crowd to take in some of the comments and I could not have been more pleased with what I heard. It was a magical evening…Berkeley Honda and Berkeley High School style!'

A special thanks to Josh Kornbluth who performed a hilarious monologue about learning Math tricks from his father. And to the entertaining music from the BHS Jazz Combo.

Our wonderful group of volunteers will be meeting soon to review and critique the evening and to start early on next year's event. If you are interested in being involved please contact Jane 525-0124 or wiselevin at gmail.com

In particular we want to expand our corporate sponsor base for next year. If you have any connections to potential bay area sponsors please let us know.

Thank you

Jane Wise