[BHS etree] ADMIN: Letter to Incoming Families

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Mar 6 13:56:45 PST 2009

Please do not contact the e-tree; please contact Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

Dear Incoming Families (class of 2013),

1. We have mailed home the last of the computer-generated printouts of course selections made by your students either during class (King, Longfellow, or Willard) or at one of the night sessions in February for those 8th graders coming from outside the district.

If by Thursday, March 12 you have not received your child's requests and your child DID fill in a schedule request form either on the computer or on paper, please contact your child's counselor if your child attends King, Longfellow or Willard OR Vice Principal Uri Skowronski (uri_skowronski at berkeley.k12.ca.us) if your child is coming from a non
district school and let them  know that you did not receive a printout.

2. Please check your child's request form carefully.  If your child attends King, Longfellow or Willard the form should be signed and returned to his or her science teacher.  If your child is coming from a non district school the form should be signed and returned to Belinda McDaniel at 1830 Allston Way (Berkeley High). If there is a mistake you may cross out the incorrect information and write in the correct information.
The final deadline for the submissions is March 16th.

3. We plan to input all incoming students who signed up in time for the first round lottery by the end of this month.  We hope to run the lottery by the end of April and notify students as soon as possible thereafter.

4. The lottery will determine program placement.  It will not determine individual class selections (language, math, elective, etc.).  Actual schedules will be handed out during orientation which will take place on one day during the week of August 24-28.  At this point we have not decided which day will be the Freshmen orientation but it will be one of those five days.   As soon as that day is set we will post on the etree. During orientation incoming students will be introduced to staff, go on guided school tours, have their picture taken, receive their schedule, books, student organizer, turn in forms, etc.  The first day of school will be Wednesday, September 2.