[BHS etree] BUSD: Volunteer for DEAR Day, Mar. 6 - 9:30am

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Mar 4 21:32:13 PST 2009

Please do not hit reply, contact Michelle Khazai, or Berkeley School
Volunteers [mailto:bsv at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

DEAR Day 2009
Friday, March 6th at 9:30 a.m.

Along with Read Across America, and in celebration of the great Dr.
Seuss' birthday, over 140 readers from our community will bring
favorite books to read to Berkeley Public preschool and elementary
school students throughout the district.

What is DEAR Day?

You choose your favorite book to read read (or choose one from a
suggested reading list:
http://www.berkeleypubliclibrary.org/children/dearday.php ) to read
aloud for 20 minutes.  Our wonderful schools will each hold receptions
that morning to welcome readers.  At 9:30 a.m., readers will head to
classrooms and we will Drop Everything And Read! After you read, feel
free to donate the book to the school's library and socialize with
other local volunteers!

DEAR Day is an opportunity for us to share our life-long love of
reading with kids and welcome our community to our schools. Please
join us!

How Do I Sign-Up?
For more information or to REGISTER to be a reader at the event,
please contact us ASAP with the following information:

* Name
* Email address
* Postal Address (we mail your placement info)
* Preferences in grade, school, age (no guarantees, but we will do our
best.)

Please help us ensure that ALL of our students in Berkeley can enjoy
this opportunity to celebrate literacy. Volunteer to READ at DEAR Day
2009!

Berkeley School Volunteers
510-644-8833
bsv at berkeley.k12.ca.us