[BHS etree] BUSD: Tragic Loss of LeConte Student

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Mar 2 07:07:58 PST 2009

Please do not hit reply, contact Mark Coplan
[mailto:mark_coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

Zachary Michael Cruz
March 12, 2003 - February 27, 2009

By now you've probably heard about the five year old boy who lost his
life in the intersection of Warring and Derby last Friday afternoon.
There is nothing that we can do to relieve the loss that Zachary's
family has suffered, but LeConte principal Cheryl Wilson has asked me
to pass on the request below for financial support for the difficult
arrangements they will have to make in the days ahead. The District
cannot ask you to make a donation to a private fund, we can only make
the information available so that you can make that decision yourself.
The link below will also provide updates on any services, and
information about Zachary.

Mark Coplan, BUSD Public Information Officer