[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Exit exam instructions/2nd call help with registration, Feb. 9-13

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Feb 2 21:00:02 PST 2009

Contact: jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. Exit Exam. ON Tuesday (tomorrow) and Wednesday all BHS sophomores
and some seniors will take the exit exam (CAHSEE).  Many, many thanks
to the wonderful volunteers who have stepped forward to help.  The
exam is taking place in many venues but I will be located right in
front (or right in the door) of the centrally located Jacket Gym.
Whenever your shift is, please come find me there to sign in and
receive an assignment.

2. Without a pause, onto the next need:

During the week of Feb. 9-11 we are expecting approximately 200 8th
grade students from non BUSD schools to register and enroll in the
district.  This enrollment is much earlier than usual--pushed up by
the administration's goal of running the lottery in March (as opposed
to June as it was last year.)

In order to facilitate the registration, our beloved Belinda McDaniel
is going to move over to the Admissions Office at 1835 Allston Way
from 8:30 to 4 every day next week.  She needs at least three parents
to help her at all times with the large numbers--especially between
8:30 and 1.  If you can possible help--Belinda will be grateful as
will the new parents who otherwise will be sentenced to standing in
long slow lines.  Please let me know what days and hours you can come
by emailing me at jhuseby at pacbell.net

Thank you all for both items 1. (exit exam) and 2. (new student
registration.)

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net