[BHS etree] BHSDG: January Grants

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Jan 8 06:57:49 PST 2009

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact The BHS Development Group
[mailto:grants at bhsdg.org]

The Berkeley High School Development Group (BHSDG) is pleased to
announce that we have funded the following grants at our January
meeting:

Paris Clark/Shannon Amaral - Best Buddies Club - funds for next year's
club president to attend the Best Buddies International Leadership
Conference in July, 2009.

Carolyn Wilson-Scott - Author speaker stipend for Academic Choice
Reading and Writing the Short Story class

Oscar Rojas-Soto - Discretionary fund grant for Student Learning
Center

Scott Johnston/Stephen Salser - Electrical Engineering Club - funds
for building an autonomous robot which will be entered into the 2009
Robogames competition

Becky Gross - Independent Study teacher tutoring for struggling
students

We are grateful to all of our donors who allow us to support many
programs at Berkeley High School.  Now, more than ever, we need
everyone's donations to be able to continue this support for all of
our students.  Please take a look at our Annual Report which arrived
in your mailbox in the latter part of 2008 - it's filled with
information about all the ways in which the BHSDG supports Berkeley
High and the many ways in which you can join us by donating!!