[BHS etree] BUSD: YouTube Videos: BHS Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble & Holiday Dinner

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Jan 4 16:15:49 PST 2009

Sent from Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer, BUSD:

Hoping you are enjoying your Winter Break, I have compiled a list of
BUSD activities and concerts you can enjoy via YouTube. We have a lot
of good things happening and great performances by our students.

The titles below are a  available for viewing on YouTube. Be sure to
click below the video (once you are in the viewer) for "high quality"

Watch for the Berkeley Public Education Foundation's Fall Grant
Reception (Over $150,000 given to Berkeley Schools!) and LeConte's
Cultural Dancing in the week ahead.

Happy Holidays, Mark Coplan, BUSD Public Information Officer

Berkeley High School Holiday Dinner 2008 Berkeley High School Annual
Holiday Dinner for the homeless took place on December 13, 2008. The
project was headed up by Berkeley High's student leadership, and
involved over one hundred student, staff and parent volunteers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puwo-b2dJcY

Berkeley High School 2008-09 Concert Band & Orchestra 2008 Winter
Concert.
The entire concert will be broadcast on Berkeley Community Media,
Berkeley Cable Channel 33 in December and January. Check for dates and
times at www.betv.org

URL for Igor Stravinsky's "Berceuse and Finale' from the Firebird"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYBsn3cSm3E

URL for Scenes from Carmen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixbKkEkFu48

URL for Hungarian Dances No. 5 & 6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pp18LqTiuc

URL for Fortress by Frank Ticheli:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOaP-Dh-RCM

URL for Night on Bald Mountain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq5jhWOVn3k

URL for Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 D Major:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wROsVADtOI4

Berkeley High School Jazz Ensemble Fall Concert November 21st, 2008
The entire concert will be broadcast on Berkeley Community Media,
Berkeley Cable Channel 33 in December and January. Check for dates and
times at www.betv.org Available for viewing on YouTube. Be sure to
click below the video for "high quality"

For Lack of Better Words - Combo "A"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhaczgBCJKg

Black Orpheus - BHS Jazz Ensemble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXopo0penM