[BHS etree] ETREE: A Message from the Moderators

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Dec 9 20:42:08 PST 2008

Dear BHS etree subscribers,

Without the knowledge or agreement of the BHS etree moderators, the
PTSA Board has used the BHS etree subscriber list for a new PTSA
etree.  It has always been our policy to keep your email addresses
secure, which is why we are obligated to inform you of this
development.  We sincerely regret that this has happened, and think
that you should have been given the choice to opt-in to the new PTSA
etree.

We know you have come to rely on the integrity of the BHS etree and we
intend to maintain our standards of providing non-commercial, timely
information about Berkeley High to you.

>From the beginning, the BHS etree's mission has been to facilitate
communication of vital school information between the administration
and the school's families to ensure the success of every student every
day. The parent volunteers who have held the post of moderator over
time have worked diligently to maintain this mission--to provide this
information free from bias and from anyone using the etree as a
platform for opinion or debate.  Please note that the new PTSA etree
is not moderated by us and has its own mission and standards.

We've always been grateful for your support.

Your BHS etree moderators,
    Pat Anderson
    Melissa Bloom
    Diane Douglas