[BHS etree] BHSDG: December Grants Awarded

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Dec 5 16:02:31 PST 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact The BHS Development Group
[mailto:grants at bhsdg.org]

The Berkeley HIgh School Development Group (BHSDG) is pleased to
announce that we have funded the following grants at our December
meeting:

Board Initiated Classroom Grants: $200 grants for every classroom
teacher in BHS, B-Tech, and Independent Study - for purchasing any
items for their classrooms needed to benefit student learning

Lacie Lessard - Cooking Workshop

Jessica Quindel - Math Department Professional Development support

Alexandra Provence and Ellie Goldstein-Erickson - Author guest
speaker - Sharon Draper

Library - Discretionary Funds

Ashley Milton - Funding BIHS exam fees to assist low income students

Ilene Abrams - College Application fees and test score transfer fees
to assist low income students

Dana Moran and Amy Crawford - CAS Social Justice Seminar non-fiction literature

Kate Newton and Kati Wilkowski - Binders for Social Skills and Sexual
Health group, collaborative effort between Special Education and the
Health Center teaching students to learn to advocate for themselves

We are grateful to all of our donors who allow us to support many
programs at Berkeley High School.  Now, more than ever, we need
everyone's donations to be able to continue this support for all of
our students.  Please take a look at our Annual Report which arrived
in your mailbox recently - it's filled with information about all the
ways in which the BHSDG supports Berkeley High and the many ways in
which you can join us by donating!!