[BHS etree] BHSDG: November Grants Awarded

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Nov 18 08:58:04 PST 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact The BHS Development Group
[mailto:grants at bhsdg.org]

The Berkeley HIgh School Development Group (BHSDG) is pleased to
announce that we have funded the following grants at our November
meeting:

Teri Goodman - AHA college visits

Jessica Quindel - Graphing Calculator Loan Program - Math department
purchase an additional 20 calculators for  loan program for  students
unable to afford their own

Ben Neumann and Lauren Lovett - Tutorials by teachers trained in
differentiation, added to the After School Tutoring Program

Gabriel Berent - Purchase of 6 digital cameras and telephoto lens for
the digital classes

Fiona Hamer - BHS Chorus Club - funded 1/2 the cost of a chorus
director, chorus accompanist and sheet music to try to re-establish
the Choral program (BPEF is being asked to fund the other 1/2 of the
costs.)

Christina Mitchell - Additional funds for more teachers to participate
in  After School Tutoring in areas which have significant numbers of
struggling students

Naomi Washington - Guest choreographers who specialize in dance styles
from the African Diaspora to introduce different dance forms to
Afro-Haitian dance classes

Glenn Wolkenfeld - AP Environmental Science Test Preparation and
Curriculum Development

Andrea Sanguine - New kiln to fire Bisqueware

Richard Conn - 2 iMac computers for IB Studio Art student portfolios

We are grateful to all of our donors who allow us to support many
programs at Berkeley High School.  Now, more than ever, we need
everyone's donations to be able to continue this support for all of
our students.  Please take a look at our Annual Report which arrived
in your mailbox recently - it's filled with information about all the
ways in which the BHSDG supports Berkeley High and the many ways in
which you can join us by donating!!