[BHS etree] BHSDG: October Grants

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sat Oct 11 10:17:50 PDT 2008

Do not reply to etree, mailto:grants at bhsdg.org for information or questions.

The Berkeley HIgh School Development Group (BHSDG) is pleased to
announce that we have funded the following grants at our October
meeting:

Solange Gould - Vera Casey Teen Parenting Program - Food and  Hiring
an Americorps Intern, with City of Berkeley Public Health Dept.
matching the BHSDG grant at more than double our funding

Dwayne Byndloss - CPA Parent Association - Spanish translation and
Childcare for parent meetings

Christina Mitchell - Study Skills Workshops - 3 workshops, including
Classroom Matters group leaders, school supplies and food for
students failing one or more classes

Richard Conn - BIHS Projectors - Purchase of 8 Epson Powerlite
projectors for BIHS classroom teachers

Carolyn Wilson-Scott - Memoir Author Speaker - Stipend for author
David Henry Sterry visiting and speaking to Reading and Writing the
Short Story classes

Frances Cohen - College Application Handbook - additional funds
needed to publish Senior College Application Handbook, Junior College
Information Guide, and Intro to College Planning for Sophomores

We are grateful to all of our donors who allow us to support many
programs at Berkeley High School.  Look for our Annual Report
arriving in your mailbox next month - it's filled with information
about all the ways in which the BHSDG supports Berkeley High and the
many ways in which you can join us by donating!!