[BHS etree] MISC: College Essay season and the Berkeley Book of College Essays

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Sep 26 09:46:10 PDT 2008

Contact: Janet Huseby <mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>jhuseby at pacbell.net

Parents of seniors are well aware that the college essay season is
upon us.  One way to get a head start on this most formidable task is
to read essays written by other students.  Two years ago we put
together just such a collection as a fund raiser for the College and
Career Center. The book, originally issued as True Admissions, was
then picked up last September by Stonebridge Press and renamed The
Berkeley Book of College Essays.  Usually the book is available in
the College and Career Center  but we are currently out (more ARE on
order). Meanwhile the book may be purchased on Amazon or locally from
 Mrs. Dalloway's bookstore, 2904 College Ave.  They are open
everyday,  M-W, 10-7, Th-Sat, 10-9, and Sun, 12-6, 510-704-8222