[BHS etree] REMINDER: Back to School Night - Thursday 7 PM

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Sep 24 05:47:59 PDT 2008

Back to School NIght is on Thursday, Sept. 25 at 7 PM.

A mailing was sent home to all families this week regarding Back to
School Night.  A letter from Jim Slemp read:

"The staff of Berkeley High School cordially invites you to Back to
School Night on Thursday, September 25, 2008.  The evening is one of
the most important events of the school year as it gives the families
of the students we serve an opportunity to meet the staff, explore
the campus, and learn more about our classes, clubs and programs. We
encourage all families to attend if possible, and look forward to
having you all on campus.

The evening will begin at 7:00p.m. with families following
abbreviated versions of their students schedules as they meet
teachers in their respective classrooms for ten minute informational
sessions.  During these meetings, teachers will discuss their courses
and answer questions about class content and procedures.  There will
be six minutes of travel time between classes.  Throughout the
evening, families will also have a chance to meet with administrators
and counselors, and enjoy coffee, tea and cookies  in the Food Court.

A blank schedule has been included in this mailing. Please ask your
student to fill it in with their class schedule. We will also ask
your child to fill out an additional copy here at school prior to
Back to School Night.  For families who do not receive their
schedules, copies will be available in the Food Court [Admin Building
D] on the evening of the event.

Please note that while our students are most important to us, this is
in fact an evening for adults.  For students who do attend, they must
remain with you throughout the evening.  In addition, Back to School
Night is not designed to address specific questions about individual
students; however, should you have questions or concerns, please call
or email your child's teacher any time.

The Berkekely High School staff looks forward to seeming you on
Thursday September 25, 2008. "