[BHS etree] CLUBS: BHS Ultimate Frisbee Club

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Sep 16 21:36:20 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact
<mailto:BHS.Ultimate at gmail.com>

Interested in a fun, fast-moving, athletic sport but haven't found the
right fit yet? The Berkeley High School Ultimate Frisbee Club is
inviting girls and boys to try out this fast growing sport. Ultimate
is unique among the sports at BHS - it is coed, self-officiated, and
player-governed. It combines the speed, athleticism and strategy of
soccer, football, lacrosse and basketball.

Our club is led by two certified coaches with national level
experience.  We play weekend games and tournaments against local high
schools in both fall and spring. The club has fielded a team that has
gone to the state championships in May each of the last two years and
placed respectably each time.

Practices happen at the Derby field at Milvia and Carleton - Sundays
12-3 and Thursdays 4-6. Backup field, in case of rain closure or other
event, is the BHS track field. Bring cleats and water, as well as a
white shirt and a black (or dark) shirt. No metal-tipped cleats
please.

Expect to run a lot and have a great time. Girls and boys at all
levels from beginner to highly experienced are encouraged to drop in
and give it a try.

Coach Jordan Rose jordaneous at yahoo.com 599-2254
Coach Michael Angell Angell at lettis.com 685-6426