[BHS etree] ADMIN/Volunteers: Technology department calls for help

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Sep 7 13:17:55 PDT 2008

Contact: Crystal Jensen mailto:crystal_jensen at berkeley.k12.ca.us and copy
mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net

Berkeley High's Technology Department under the leadership of Crystal Jensen
is working hard to support teachers and increase access to information for
teachers, parents and students.  Many people have inquired about helping at
Berkeley High on a regular basis--either at school or from your own
computer. Below are some excellent ways.

1. Copier Volunteers Needed:
When:  7:30-8:30 am   Monday - Friday (as arranged)
Where:  Xerox copy machines in the D Building and G202
What:  To assist teachers with the copying of their materials and make
sure the machines stay functioning properly. If time permits, you can make
copies for teachers that they will then pick up later.  Teachers will
continue to be encouraged/need to to make their copies ahead of time and
ask for help only in cases of "emergency"

Why:  This time of the day is critical for teachers to be able to copy
their materials.  Therefore the machines need to be working as much as
possible.  We will train you how to use the Xerox machines to make copies,
clear jams, change toner, etc.

Please contact Crystal Jensen cjensen at berkeley.k12.ca.us or Janet Huseby
jhuseby at pacbell.net

2. Edline Teacher Support Volunteers Needed:
When:  Based on arrangement between volunteer and teacher
Where:  After the initial meeting, most of the volunteer work could be
done from the volunteer's home over the Internet.
What:  Assist an assigned teacher in posting their assignments/tests,
worksheets/ handouts, links, news, and calendar information to Edline.

Why:  To provide more class specific information online for access by
parents and students

Training will be provided.  Posting items to Edline is as easy as creating
an email, attaching a document, and sending it.  You can be a beginning
technology user and still be very helpful.  Please contact Crystal Jensen [
mailto:cjensen at berkeley.k12.ca.us or Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

3. BHS Website Data Entry/Updating Volunteers Needed:
When:  Based on arrangement between volunteer and Technology Coordinator
Where: The work is web-based.  After the initial meeting, most of the
volunteer work could be done from the volunteer's home over the Internet.
What:  Enter/edit calendar items onto our Edline

Why:  To provide up to date calendar and news items to our school-wide
community

Training will be provided.  Posting items to our sites is as easy as
cjensen at berkeley.k12.ca.us or Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

Crystal Jensen
Berkeley High School
Technology Coordinator