[BHS etree] SPORTS: Ultimate starts this Sunday

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Sep 3 22:28:15 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact: BHS.Ultimate at gmail.com

Want to join a fast-moving, extremely athletic and highly competitive sport?
Come try out for the Berkeley High School Ultimate Frisbee Team. The team,
led by two certified coaches with national level experience, is coed, and
plays weekend games and tournaments against local high schools in both fall
and spring.  Our goal, as usual, is to win the state championship in May. In
2007, we came in third; in 2008, we were 8th with a young squad. Come help
us attain our goal!

Ultimate, a self-officiated, player-governed sport, combines the speed,
athleticism and strategy of soccer, football, lacrosse and basketball, and
is one of the fastest growing sports in the country.

Tryouts begin on Sunday, September 7th at noon, at the Derby field at Milvia
and Carleton. Bring cleats and water, as well as a white shirt and a black
(or dark) shirt. Expect to run a lot. No metal-tipped cleats please. Second
practice is Thursday after school, from 4pm to 6pm at the same location. All
levels from beginner to highly experienced players are encouraged to come
and give it a try.