[BHS etree] ADMIN: With sadness we report the death of teacher Kalpna Mistry

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Aug 8 12:06:48 PDT 2008

With great sadness we report the sudden and unexpected death of teacher
Kalpna Mistry last week. Ms Mistry, who died on August 4,  was working on a
Fulbright Grant in the Philippines. It is not clear why she died but we know
she received  excellent medical care and was surrounded by friends from her
scholarship program. She will be remembered for her dedication to education,
her great intellect and her deep love of her students.

The administration is currently in the process of setting up a BHS memorial
service for Ms Mistry once classes begin.  Her family has planned a memorial
service on Saturday, August 9th.  Additional information can be found at
http://www.mistryhaywood.com/kalpna and at
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=35259643696

The family has asked that no flowers be sent; instead a foundation has been
set up in her name.  Donations can be sent to the Berkeley High School
Development Group care of the school.