[BHS etree] BHSDG: Thank you from Berkeley High Live!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Jun 20 17:29:25 PDT 2008

Do not reply to etree, contact: Susan Helmrich mailto:shelmrich at aol.com

Dear BHS Community,

Now that we have had two weeks to recover, we want to thank all of
you for helping to make our first Berkeley High Live! such a smashing
success.  It was a wonderful event - good food, great music,
wonderful people and a lot of fun!  We hope to do it again in
February so start saving up to bid on fabulous auction items similar
to what we had on June 8th.  Some of the live auction items included:

*Cabo San Lucas vacation package
*Private Wine Country Tour for 4 with lunch, dinner with limo and driver
*Golden State Warriors game and dinner package
*Blackhawk Golf Club package for 4 with lunch and dinner
*Cal Basketball Package for 4 with an overnight at Claremont Hotel
*Cal football package for 4 with an overnight at Claremont Hotel
*Private tour of Channel 2 with John Sasaki for 10
*Paris Apartment for a week

We are still counting the money and finalizing the silent auction
item winners, but we estimate that we have netted about $20,000 to be
shared by Berkeley High School Development Group, Berkeley Athletic
Fund, BHS Jazz Band and the Berkeley Public Ed Foundation.

Thank you to the amazing committee of volunteers, all of whom worked
so hard to pull off the event with just 8 short weeks of planning.
It was a brilliant effort, we learned a lot and can't wait to get
started to do it again. If anyone is interested in getting involved,
please contact the current co-chairs of Berkeley High Live! 2008, MK
Murlas (<mailto:murlas at sbcglobal.net>murlas at sbcglobal.net) or Susan
Helmrich (<mailto:shelmrich at aol.com>shelmrich at aol.com )

While we can't list everyone that needs to be thanked, we would like
to single out a few people and businesses who made the event such a
great success:

Steve Haworth and Berkeley Honda
Ann's Catering
Susie and Robert Goodin
Allen King and Excellent Packaging & Supply

Thank you everyone,
MK and Susan