[BHS etree] PTSA: Year-End Notes & Thank You's

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Jun 13 06:47:47 PDT 2008

Contact: Mark van Krieken [mailto:markvk4 at comcast.net]

Hello and good-bye!  We hope everyone had a great year and that you're
all looking forward to a wonderful summer.  Before everyone takes off,
there are just a few year-end notes we wanted to make.

1.	First of all, a huge "Thank You!" to everyone who was involved
with putting on last week's PTSA Teacher Appreciation Luncheon.
Between all the fabulous food and the 10 minute massages from On The
Spot Massage, we've been assured that the teachers and staff felt very
appreciated.  Thank you again to all of the parents who helped set-up,
cook, bake and clean-up for the event and to all the wonderfully
supportive local businesses who contributed so generously to the
success of the event.  And a special "Thank you!" to Naomi Janowitz
for coordinating the whole gala.

2.	The second evening in our parent education series, the June
3rd Diffusing Teenage Anger workshop, was once again a huge success
with more than 50 parents attending.  With the high level of interest
the series is generating, the PTSA and BHSDG will be putting together
a more extended set of workshops for next year.

3.	The deadline for the summer edition of the PTSA Newsletter is
June 26th.  Please be sure to submit any articles to INTERIM
Newsletter Editor, Mark van Krieken at  <mailto:markvk4 at comcast.net>
markvk4 at comcast.net.

4.	Which brings us to our next item - we very much need a new
editor for the PTSA Newsletter.  One of the big bonuses of the job is
that you get to meet with Principal Jim Slemp and PTSA and other
parent leaders on a regular basis - you'll be one of the most
well-informed people in the school.  We also have a wonderful staff of
three proofreaders who provide great support in helping to make each
issue as efficient as possible to put together.  If you are interested
in the position, or have any questions, please contact PTSA President,
Mark van Krieken at  <mailto:markvk4 at comcast.net> markvk4 at comcast.net.

5.	Please keep writing the governor and the Republicans regarding
the state budget.  We'll send out a new list of people to write to
next week.  In the meantime, please write to the politicians we've
already sent to you in past postings.  We need to keep up the
pressure.

6.	And finally, thank you to all the wonderful volunteers who
make the PTSA such a success each year.  From all the mailers for the
Newsletter and the Newsletter staff, to the coordinators of the etree,
to the many parents who help to put out all the various publications
we publish each year, to the parents who coordinate our new parent
education series, to all the parents who served on the PTSA Board this
year, the school is richer for your contributions.  And although they
are not officially under the guise of the PTSA, a very big thank you
to all the parents and guardians who volunteered so much of their time
to serve on BSEP, SGC, the Safety Committee, BHSDG, the Berkeley
Athletic Fund and all the small school/program leadership committees.
You've had a huge impact on the educational experience of all of
Berkeley High's children.

 On behalf of the entire PTSA Board, have a great summer and we'll see
you all in September!

Sincerely,

Mark van Krieken

BHS PTSA President