[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Berkeley Athletic Fund Call for Leadership

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jun 11 12:56:28 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, please contact Jahlee Arakaki <
<mailto:jarakaki at berkeley.edu> mailto:jarakaki at berkeley.edu>

BERKELEY ATHLETIC FUND (BAF) CALL FOR LEADERSHIP

The Berkeley Athletics Fund (the non-profit boosters fundraising
organization) needs parent volunteers this coming school year!  We
need to continue to keep BAF strong, and can't do it without parent
participation.  Our graduating senior parents are leaving holes that
need to be filled.  Here are the job openings for 2008-2009:

1. Student-Athlete Parent Coordinators:  1 for 9th/10th grades; 1 for
11th/12th grades - be point person for BAF activities, working closely
with the AD and communicating with parents; hold about 3 meetings a
year for Fall, Winter, Spring sports.

2.  BAF Treasurer:  replace present treasurer-handle
deposits/disbursements for 32 teams (write checks to venders, etc.;
work closely with the AD).  Knowledge of Excel is essential, and
Quickbooks; able to handle nonprofit tax returns each year.

3.  Fundraising Events:
            *  Golf Tournament and Hall of Fame Event Subcommittee
               (main committee is already planning for next year's
event)
            *  Berkeley High Live! Next Edition - need a parent
volunteer coordinator
                (Mary Kay Murlas is leaving us but will help with this
event next year)
            *  Parking Lot Coordinator

4.  BAF Website:  need a competent web user/designer/editor to keep
this going.

5.  Graphic Artist:  replace parent who has managed to get the best
prices with the best quality for our publications; handle material
production for advertising all our fundraising.

6.  Representative to the BHS Development Group as a board member for
Athletics:

      *  BAF gets 25% for eSCRIP from BHSDG
      *  BHSDG is paying for our strength and conditioning coach this
year
      *  Attend monthly school year meetings, 1st Monday, 7 pm

If there is one reliable and dedicated parent for each job - that's
six parents out of over 1,000 families represented in Berkeley High
Athletics, it will be a great year and a great transition.

Contact BAF Board member Jahlee Arakaki at (510) 643-8193 daytime, or
(510) 526-1878 evenings; or E-mail:  jarakaki at berkeley.edu