[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Chaperones needed for visiting author April Sinclair - Tomorrow, Tues. June 3

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Jun 2 08:38:10 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Alan Miller
[mailto:amiller at berkeley.k12.ca.us] and Janet Huseby
[mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

On Tuesday June 3, April Sinclair will be reading to freshmen who read
her book "Coffee Will Make You Black." Coffee is the tale of Stevie, a
young African American girl growing up during the late '60's in
Chicago.

Sinclair, now a Berkeley resident, won numerous awards for the book,
and has published two other novels.  Her writing has been described as
witty, provocative and relevant for young people.  Some freshmen who
read no other books this year proudly read Coffee.

She will be here to read and answer questions during Periods 3 and 4
(10:30 - 11:32, lunch, then 12:18- 1:13.)

I need parent volunteer/chaperones to usher students into the Little
Theatre for either or both periods. I don't expect it to be too
crowded either period; I just want to have as many adults as I can
around... just in case.

The Berkeley High School Development Group is funding this event....
which should be fun! If you can come help please let me know and copy
Janet Huseby

Thanks.
Alan Miller