[BHS etree] PTSA: Parent Education: Diffusing Teenage Anger - June3, 7:00 PM

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Jun 1 06:01:11 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Wendy Lukas
[mailto:wlukas at sbcglobal.net] or Audrey Spector
[mailto:audrey12 at comcast.net]

The PTSA invites ALL BHS parents and guardians to the second parent
education evening entitled:

Diffusing Teenage Anger

When: Tuesday, June 3, 7:00 to 9:00pm
Where: Library, Berkeley High School

Presenter: Karen Lingenfelter, Certified Anger Management Trainer

Managing anger can be a tremendous challenge for teens as they
experience physical and emotional changes, the demands of social
relationships, peer pressure and family expectations.  Learn common
triggers for teen anger and strategies for managing intense emotion.
Gain insight into your own feelings and reactions.

Karen Lingenfelter
Karen currently teaches court-directed anger management and parenting
classes for adults. In addition, Karen conducts workshops on
self-esteem, positive discipline, communication, teen anger,and
bullying prevention. Karen owns Life Issues Training & Education which
is a company that provides private consultations, workshops and
conference presentations throughout Northern California.

Sponsored and Funded By: PTSA and Berkeley High School Development
Group

 _____________________________

We want to thank the many BHS parents and guardians who attended the
first parent education event(about 45 people attended!).

We are very excited to report that the BHS Development Group has
funded this parent education series for the coming 2008-09 school
year. We receive emails every week from parents and faculty in support
of this effort - many with great ideas about topics parents want more
information about - keep them coming.

ALL BHS parents and guardians are warmly welcomed to all parent
education events.  We hope you will attend!  If you can attend, please
RSVP, so we can make sure we have the right space. If you are not
sure, as usual, just come to the meeting whether or not you RSVP!

Kind regards,

PTSA Volunteers
Audrey Spector (audrey12 at comcast.net)
Wendy Lukas (wlukas at sbcglobal.net)