[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Many opportunities as year ends

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue May 13 22:16:59 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact
<mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net> jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. AP Environmental Science needs three or four volunteers on an all
expenses paid trip to beautiful Point Lobos and the Monterey Bay
Aquarium Thursday, May 22, 7:30 AM to 6PM, by bus. Wildflower stroll,
lunch, nesting birds.  Private docent tours of Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Contact Mardi Mertens at eemaaj at aol.com or even better, call 520-4468.

2. Book Room.  Tiffany Williams our Berkeley High School
Library/Textbook Clerical Assistant writes...
Hello everyone, I wanted to get a head start on the end of the year
textbook collection. I have a lot of ideas to make this go smoothly
but I will need volunteers to help me. I will need them starting June
2nd or June 5th - June 20th if at all possible. That way I have help
the week before finals the week of finals and definitely the week
after. I would love to have around 4 - 6 volunteers if possible.  If
you can help, please contact Tiffany at
Tiffany_Williams at berkeley.k12.ca.us or call (510) 644-6857

3. Chaperones, Senior Ball on Saturday, May 24.  The senior ball is
really a lively occasion and it needs lots of adult chaperones-so you
too can attend.  If you can help, please email our Student Activity
Director Edith Jordan at edith_jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us

4. Tech help on an ongoing basis:

a. Copier Volunteers Needed:
When:  7:30-8:30 am   Monday - Friday
Where:  Xerox copy machines in the D Building and G202
What:  To make sure the machines stay functioning properly and to
assist teachers with the copying of their materials.
Why:  This time of the day is critical for teachers to be able to copy
their materials.  Therefore the machines need to be working as much as
possible.  We will train you how to use the Xerox machines to make
copies, clear jams, change toner, etc.  Please contact Crystal Jensen
cjensen at berkeley.k12.ca.us or Janet Huseby jhuseby at berkeley.k12.ca.us
for more information.

b.Edline Teacher Support Volunteers Needed:
When:  Based on arrangement between volunteer and teacher
Where:  After the initial meeting, most of the volunteer work could be
done from the volunteer's home over the Internet.
What:  Assist an assigned teacher in posting their assignments/tests,
worksheets/ handouts, links, news, and calendar information to Edline.

Why:  To provide more class specific information online for access by
parents and students
Training will be provided.  Posting items to Edline is as easy as
creating an email, attaching a document, and sending it.  You can be a
beginning technology user and still be very helpful.
Please contact Crystal Jensen cjensen at berkeley.k12.ca.us or Janet
Huseby jhuseby at berkeley.k12.ca.us for more information.

c. Edline Calendar and News Data Entry Volunteers Needed:
When:  Based on arrangement between volunteer and Technology
Coordinator
Where: The work is web-based.  After the initial meeting, most of the
volunteer work could be done from the volunteer's home over the
Internet.
What:  Enter/edit calendar items onto our Edline
Why:  To provide up to date calendar and news items to our school-wide
community
Training will be provided.  Posting items to Edline is as easy as
creating an email, attaching a document, and sending it.  You can be a
beginning technology user and still be very helpful.
Please contact Crystal Jensen cjensen at berkeley.k12.ca.us or Janet
Huseby jhuseby at berkeley.k12.ca.us for more information.

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator