[BHS etree] ADMIN: Healthy Kids Survey to be given Tuesday

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon May 12 04:27:56 PDT 2008

Contact: Maggie Heredia-Peltz mhp at berkeley.k12.ca.us

On Tuesday, May 13 all Berkeley High English teachers will be
administering the state-mandated Healthy Kids Survey to students in
grade 9-11. The survey asks questions on tobacco, violence, sexuality,
drug and alcohol use.  The information garnered will not only help the
state assess our teenagers' health but will help our own Berkeley High
Health Center better serve our students.

The survey is confidential and anonymous. It will be administered to
all students unless a parent specifically requests that their child
not participate (see attached letter). If you are curious about the
survey a copy will be available at the front desk.