[BHS etree] ADMIN/VOLUNTEER: MATH contestant needs help April 29th and 30th from 9:30 to 2:30

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Apr 27 16:20:45 PDT 2008

Contact: Peter Bloomsburgh peter_bloomsburgh at berkeley.k12.ca.us] and Janet
Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

This year, Berkeley High is once again participating in the American
Mathematics Competition.  About 50 of our
students took the initial test.  Six (6) qualified for the second round of
tests, the American Invitational Mathematics Examination.  One student then
qualified for the third round, the United States American Math Olympiad,
which is limited to 500 students from the entire nation.  It is a big deal!
Ultimately a team from the US is selected to compete in the International
Math Olympiad, which we believe will be held in Spain this summer.  We at
Berkeley High are very
excited about the success of all of our students.

Our contestant for the third round will take the Math Olympiad test in
Conference Room A at Berkeley High on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 29 and 30
from 9 to 2:30.  Math teacher Mr. Bloomsburgh will start the exam and return
to wrap it up each day--but he needs someone(s) who can stay with the
student as a proctor from 9:30 to 2:30 (or maybe two shifts 9:30 to noon and
noon to 2:30. Parking passes are available.  If you can help during any of
the four shifts, please email Mr. Bloomsburgh
(peter_bloomsburgh at berkeley.k12.ca.us) and copy our Volunteer Coordinator
Janet Huseby at (jhuseby at pacbell.net)

Go Math!
Peter Bloomsburgh