[BHS etree] PTSA: Budget Cuts: It's time to write the Republicans

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Apr 16 07:34:02 PDT 2008

Do not reply to etree, contact Mark van Krieken mailto:markvk4 at comcast.net

Dear Berkeley High Parents,

As well as continuing to contact Governor
Schwarzenegger, Assemblywoman Hancock,
Assemblyman Swanson and Senator Perata, we now
need to start contacting leading Republicans in
Sacramento.  Attached you will find the four
letters from last time and two new ones for
Republican State Assemblyman Michael Villines and
Republican State Senator Dick Ackerman.

  This battle against the proposed cuts to
education is only going to be won with a
tremendous political effort and we will need to
contact these representatives on a regular basis.
The State PTA recommends that we contact these
six once a week by either mail, email, fax or
phone.  Mark a day of the week on your calendars
to quickly contact these representatives with a
quick word to remind them that this issue still
really matters to you.  Feel free to keep using
the same letters over and over.  The Governor and
the Republicans in particular needs to hear from
everyone, every week.  Be sure to replace the
school's heading at the top of the letters with
your own, as well as adding your name to the
bottom.

Assemblywoman Loni Hancock, along with other
Assembly Democrats, have created a website
dealing with California’s Fiscal Emergency:
<http://www.adc.asm.ca.gov/issues/budget/default.aspx>http://www.adc.asm.ca.gov/issues/budget/default.aspx.
You can keep up to date by visiting on a regular
basis.  Please get involved with the steps that
the District and the PTA put forth, or your
children’s education will be compromised.  Thank
you for your support.

Sincerely,

Mark van Krieken
BHS PTSA President

Assemblyman Michael Villines
Assembly Republican Leader
State Capitol Room 3104
Sacramento, CA 94249-0029
Ph: (916) 319-2029
Fax: (916) 319-2129
Email:
<mailto:assemblymember.villines at asm.ca.gov>assemblymember.villines at asm.ca.gov

Senator Dick Ackerman
Senate Republican Leader
State Capitol, Room 305
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 651-4033
Fax: (916) 445-9754
Email: <mailto:senator.ackerman at sen.ca.gov>senator.ackerman at sen.ca.gov

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

State Capital Building

Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: (916) 445-2841

Fax:  (916) 558-3160

<http://gov.ca.gov/ineract>http://gov.ca.gov/ineract

The Honorable Don Perata

Senate President pro Tempore

California State Senate

1515 Clay Street, Suite 2202

Oakland, CA 94612

Phone:  (510) 286-1333

Fax:  (510) 286-3885

senator.perata at sen.ca.gov

The Honorable Loni Hancock

California State Assembly

712 El Cerrito Plaza

El Cerrito, CA 94530

Phone:  (510) 559-1406

Fax:  (510) 559-1478

<mailto:assemblymember.hancock at assembly.ca.gov>assemblymember.hancock at assembly.ca.gov

The Honorable Sandre Swanson

California State Senate

1515 Clay Street, Suite 2204

Oakland, CA 94612

Phone:  (510) 286-1670

Fax:  (510) 286-1888

assemblymember.swanson at assembly.ca.gov

Attachment converted: Benster:PTA Letter for
Ackerman.doc (WDBN/«IC») (0031DBBE)
Attachment converted: Benster:PTA Letter for
Villines.doc (WDBN/«IC») (0031DBBF)
Attachment converted: Benster:PTA Letter for
Governor 2.doc (WDBN/«IC») (0031DBC0)
Attachment converted: Benster:PTA Letter for Loni
Hanco 2.doc (WDBN/«IC») (0031DBC1)
Attachment converted: Benster:PTA Letter for
Sandr#31DBC2.doc (WDBN/«IC») (0031DBC2)
Attachment converted: Benster:PTA Letter for Don
Perata 2.doc (WDBN/«IC») (0031DBC3)