[BHS etree] PTSA: Parent Ed: Turning Sex Talk Into Ongoing Open Communication - TUES 4/29 7 PM

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Apr 11 07:41:47 PDT 2008

Do not reply to etree, mailto:audrey12 at comcast.net or
mailto:wlukas at sbcglobal.net

The PTSA Invites ALL BHS parents and guardians to
attend a parent education evening entitled:

Turning 'The Sex Talk' into On-going Opportunities for
Open Communication, presented by health educators
Ahna Suleiman MPH and Heidi Winig MPH, MEd.

Tuesday, April 29, 7:00 to 9:00p.m.
College & Career Center
BHS Admin building, 2nd floor

Parents and guardians will have an opportunity to hear
from adolescent health experts about successful ways
to communicate about sexuality. Participants will
learn practical strategies and tools for guiding young
people in making healthy choices for themselves, and
will gain insight into how parents and caring adults
can make a difference in the lives of our young people
by creating opportunities for open communication.
This session is designed for parents and guardians of
high school students.

Ahna Suleiman MPH and Heidi Winig MPH, MEd are health
educators with extensive experience in adolescent and
women's health, both locally and internationally.
Heidi and Ahna have co-founded EVOLVE, a new Women's
Health and Empowerment Collective in the Bay Area
through which they offer consulting services.

Special Note
At the end of the evening, we hope to learn if there
is interest in additional parent education
opportunities in the future --- such as...

Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll: Teenagers and The Law
(everything you need to know about laws and your
teenager)-- an evening with an attorney specializing
in youth and the law

Diffusing the Fuse in Your Teen -- an evening
with a certified anger management trainer

Drugs, Alcohol and Teenagers -- an evening with an
adolescent health expert

ALL Berkeley High School parents and guardians are
warmly welcomed to our first parent education event on
Tuesday, April 29, 7 to 9pm in College & Career
Center at Berkeley High School.

If you plan to attend, please RSVP:
mailto:audrey12 at comcast.net or mailto:wlukas at sbcglobal.net.  If you
are not sure if you can attend, don't worry about
RSVPing, it is more important that you come to the
meeting.

If you have any feedback as to whether more of these
kinds of events would be useful to you in the future,
by all means let us know -- send us an email with your
thoughts and ideas.

Kind regards,

PTSA Volunteers
Audrey Spector (audrey12 at comcast.net)