[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 3/18/08

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Mar 17 21:27:27 PDT 2008

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
March 18, 2008

*Indicates new or updated item

Administration

1.  BSEP meeting on Tuesday, March 18th at 5:00 pm.  Agenda items:
Members and alternates sign in; establish quorum; Introductions;
Approval of last meetings; Approval of agenda-additions/changes;
public comment; discussion- Which proposals to fund in the FY 2009
BSEP budget and amounts to allocate to each proposal; Dinner break;
Action Item-Finish discussion and vote on proposals and allocations in
the F/Y 2009 BSEP budget; Action item-Discussion and Vote on carryover
budget priorities; set date for next meeting;

2. Mathworks Coordinator needed.  Excellent references for College,
provides community service hours and tutoring credits for math.
Contact Karen Meryash at 303-3046 or kspivey at ix.netcom.com

Clubs

1. If you missed last month's, Tuesday 3/18 is Condom Club!  Come
learn the facts about HIV, STIs, and how to be safe at lunch in room
H114.  Remember, you must attend the entire lunch period to get a
sticker on the back of your ID, which is good for the rest of your
time at BHS!  Snacks will be served.  Brought to you by PASSHEN.

*2. The Berkeley High Student Court is looking for student jurors to
volunteer for our upcoming trials on March 19th and 20th at 2134 MLK
from 5:30-7:30.  The purpose of the Student Court is to hear cases of
students who would otherwise be suspended and to find restorative
alternatives to suspension.  Being on a jury satisfies community
service hours. Arrive early for sign up. Snacks will be provided.

Sports

*1. The girls basketball team made their eighth appearance and third
straight in the Division I State Championship, the second most number
of appearances in CIF history.  The team lost to Long Beach Poly at
Arco Arena in Sacramento.  Camilla Rosen was the team's high scorer
and earned the CIF sportsmanship award.  The entire team has a lot to
be proud of as the 2008 ACCAL and Norcal champions.  We're proud of
all of you.

Senior / Junior Section

1. Attention: BHS girls- If you need a dress for the Junior Prom or
Senior Ball, Princess Project we'll be giving away free dresses this
Saturday, March 15th at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro starting at 7:00
am. and in San Francisco on March 22nd and 29th.  The San Francisco
location will be announced later.

2. FOR SENIORS
Tuesday, March 18 in the College/Career Center:
10:35 - recruiter from the U.S. Marines
2:20 - recruiter from the U.S. Army
Seniors must sign up in D221 to attend

Events/ Performances

1. Jr. Prom is March 22, 2008 at the Scottish Rite Center, Oakland.
Tickets are still available.

2. Wanna come to a house party on campus?  MORP is April 11th from
7-11 pm in the BHS cafeteria.  There will be a lot of raffle and
prizes.   Come see how well the Freshman can throw a party.