[BHS etree] WRITER-COACH CONNECTION: Last 2 Trainings for Spring

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Feb 11 16:22:11 PST 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Sahib-Amar Khalsa
[mailto:sakk at mindspring.com]

It's Not Too Late To Be Writing Coach This Spring!

You can make a difference at Berkeley High this spring. Register today
for one of our last spring volunteer trainings and help students
develop writing and thinking skills in their 9th and 10th grade
English classes.

Working in one-on-one writing conferences with students, WCC
volunteers bring hope, encouragement and assistance to the difficult
task of putting ideas into words on a page. Students are grateful,
teachers supported, and volunteers find the work incredibly
satisfying. Coaches work with students at all achievement levels and
with every student in the class.

The volunteer commitment is only 1-2 hours twice a month - Fridays
during 1st and 2nd periods. WCC provides all the training and support
you'll need to be a terrific coach.

We encourage volunteers of diverse ethnicities, ages, and walks of
life-all are welcome! We need coaches for the spring semester and the
following two trainings are open:

  Training #15  Wed   2/13 and 2/20   12:00-3:00 pm

  Training #16  Tues  2/26 and 3/4     6:30-9:30 pm

Register today and learn strategies to help teens-including your
own-gain confidence, improve skills and complete assignments. To
register: www.writercoachconnection.org
<http://www.writercoachconnection.org/>  (go to "Volunteer")

Sahib-Amar Khalsa
BHS Site Coordinator - WriterCoach Connection
510-237-6963