[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Chaperones needed Jan. 30, 31, Feb. 8 for college visits

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Jan 21 16:52:39 PST 2008

Contact: jhuseby at pacbell.net

Our topnotch College and Career Center is very excited this year to be
taking the entire sophomore class on a series of all-day college
visits.  Each bus will visit two local colleges. For instance, one
trip will take in  UC Davis and Sacramento State. Our college
counselors want our students to be focused and excited about higher
education in their 10th grade year-when there is still time to sign up
and take the challenging high schools courses needed to qualify for a
four year college. But, as with anything in a school our size, these
visits are a large undertaking.  We need community support to pull it
off.

On Wednesday January 30,  two more chaperones are needed.

On Thursday, January 31, three chaperones are needed.

On Friday, Feb. 8, two more chaperones are needed.

The tours will leave Berkeley High at 7:30 am and return by  4:30 pm.
It's a long day, but we need to start early to be able to take two
college tours, eat lunch and hear one admissions overview. In addition
to parents and guardian chaperones, two teachers and two counselors
will be on each tour.  If you can help, please contact Janet Huseby at
jhuseby at pacbell.net

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net