[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Second call for exit exam help!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Jan 21 11:31:00 PST 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Janet Huseby
<mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>

On Tuesday and Wednesday, February 5 and 6, we need close to 30 people
EACH day in order to administer the California High School Exit Exam
(CAHSEE) to the entire 10th grade. If you can possibly help during one
of the three shifts, please volunteer.  As a bonus to sophomore
parents, this is a rare opportunity to observe ALL of your student's
colleagues in one glance.

Each day is  divided into three shifts:
1. 7:15 to 8:30  (The first shift will be in charge of making sure
each student has the proper test and answer sheet--a massive
logistical challenge.)

2. 8:30 to noon (The second shift will monitor the test and start
collecting and organizing the completed tests.)

3. Noon to 3.(The third shift will continue to monitor and organize
the returned tests.)

I will have approximately 10 parking passes which I will distribute on
a first come first served basis though we are hoping for more than 10
per shift per day. If you can help, please let me know what day and
what time at jhuseby at pacbell.net

The testing will take place in several locations.  The tests are not
timed.  As students complete their test they return to the regular
schedule.  All students take the test both days.

The exit exam is offered once to sophomores, twice to juniors and
three times to seniors. Currently, all students MUST pass the exam in
order to receive a California high school diploma. If a sophomore
passes the test, they do not have to take it again. The exam will
start at 7:30.

Thank you dear community.

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator