[BHS etree] BHSDG: Fundraising Progress Report

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jan 9 18:06:12 PST 2008

Please do not reply to etree, contacts:  BHSDG Co-Presidents Jenny
Burroughs
(<mailto:jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net>jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net) and
Susan Helmrich (<mailto:shelmrich at aol.com>shelmrich at aol.com)

Thank you to the BHS Community for your generous donations in
response to the BHSDG Fall Fundraising Appeal mailed out in
November.  This year the Development Group raised the most money it
ever has since it was founded 16 years ago to "support and strengthen
the educational experience of all students at Berkeley High School".
So far, we have raised almost $78,000 in response to our Fall mailing
and checks are still coming in!  Participation in this year's
fundraiser was up by almost 50%, and we cannot thank you enough. Your
outpouring of generosity and support is a strong vote of confidence
for work that the Development Group does.  If you meant to send in a
donation, but didn't get to it - it is never too late.  Donations can
be sent to:

BHSDG
P.O. Box 519
Berkeley, CA 94701-0519

or go to our website: <http://www.bhsdg.org/>www.bhsdg.org where you
can donate by credit card or PayPal.

The following grants were funded at our DG meeting on Monday night.

1. Stephen Salser - Replacing 10 year old computers in his Physics classroom

2. Teri Goodman - AHA 11th grade college visits

3. Miriam Stahl - Blackout Shades for 4 Visual Arts classrooms

4. Allison Smith - Field trip for the soccer classes to an
indoor arena for a soccer tournament

5. Students Megan Winkleman, Elena Wagoner and Jasper Burroughs -
Transportation for 35 students to the Santa Teresa High School
Model UN Conference

It is a privilege for all of us on the BHSDG to support
the extraordinary work being done by BHS faculty and staff with
our students!!