[BHS etree] EVENT: BHS Concert Band & Orch. Winter Concert: Dec. 13

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Dec 12 08:32:19 PST 2007

You are all invited to the Berkeley High Concert Band and Concert
Orchestra Winter Concert, this Thursday, Dec. 13 at 7:30 in the Community
Theater.

We perform in the Community Theater because there are too many musicians
to fit on the the Little Theater Stage! The concert is free, and the
musicians really appreciate an audience!

Our short program features the entire Winter from Vivaldi's 4 Seasons,
with our concertmaster, Rachel Ruggles taking a solo violin turn. The Band
is playing a set of variations on the renaissance composer William Byrd's
piece 'Fortune', composed by the Bay Area's own Michael Senturia. We
conclude the performance with the overture to Weber's 'Oberon', with Band
and Orchestra combining into Full Orchestra wildness!

Love to see you there, thanks for all your support of these wonderful
musicians.

Sincerely,
Karen Wells
Band/Orchestra Director