[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 12/10/07

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Dec 9 09:23:38 PST 2007

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
December 10, 2007

*Indicates new or updated item

Administration

1. Attention Parents and Students, we have a new Message Board in the
Administration office.  This message board will have notes and
information for any student at BHS.  Parents who want to leave
messages for their child can contact the office and we will leave a
note on the board for students to come by and check.  Students please
walk by the board and see if you have a message.  This is designed
for those parents who want to remind their students about
appointments, what to do after school, etc.  We will NO LONGER
interrupt classrooms for these types of messages.  Students it is
your responsibility to check the board for messages.

2. Recycle your cell phones, pagers, ink cartridges and batteries.
Bring them to G207.

3. BART ticket sales for December will take place on December 18th
and 19th in room D224 at lunch time only.  Ticket price is $16.00 for
$32.00 value ticket.  Please bring exact amount. Cash only!  Please
no checks!!

4. Canned food drive has begun.  Please bring your canned food items
to your second period classroom.  The class with the most canned
foods will receive a pizza party in December.  The food is for the
Holiday meal scheduled for December 15th.

Clubs

Sports

1. Attention all BHS Soccer fans:  Berkeley High boys soccer play
rival Richmond at home on Tuesday, 12/11.  JV at 4:00 pm/ Varsity at
5:30 pm.  We are charging for this event.  $6 adult/ $4 students with
I.D. and seniors over 60.  BHS staff with I.D. are welcome to attend
at no charge.  Come on out and support your soccer teams!

2. Berkeley High Basketball is underway!  The girls travel to the
Watsonville Tourney this weekend and the boys are competing in a
tourney in San Jose.  Next home basketball game is Tuesday, 12/11.
Boys vs. Fremont.  Don't miss this exciting Jacket action!

Senior / Junior Section

1. Senior yearbook info- Get your senior page contract in room H102.
Pages are going fast and are limited.  You can not have a page
without this contract.  Pages cost $60 - $180.  Deadline- December
20th.

2. Seniors!  Have you ordered your cap and gown?  Or your class ring?
Please fill out the graduation packet you should have gotten in your
English class and bring it to the "Achievers" booth in the courtyard
this Friday at lunch.  If you need a packet, please come by D148 to
pick one up.

3. PSAT- we have not yet received the PSAT scores for students who
took the test this fall.  We expect to receive them before winter
break.  There will be an announcement in the Daily Bulletin as soon
as the scores are available.

4. SAT/ACT TEST DATES- December  26 is the regular registration
deadline for the January 26 SAT and SAT subject tests.  Friday,
January 4 is the regular registration deadline for the February 9 ACT
test.  Fee waivers for low income students are available in D221.

5. SENIORS-Sign up in the College/ Career Center to attend these
college visits.  You must get an authorization (Available in D221)
signed by the teacher whose class you will miss.
College Visit:
Tuesday, December 11
1:20   Grambling State University, Louisiana

6. Essay readers will be available in the College/Career Center at
the beginning of lunch every day.  No appointment is necessary, but
if you want help, please come at the beginning of lunch.

7. Congratulations to all of you who turned in your UC and Cal State
Applications.  If you are still interested in applying to California
public four Year colleges, the following schools are still accepting
applications:  UC Campuses:  Riverside and Merced.  Cal States:
Bakersfield, Channel Islands, Chico, Dominguez Hills, East Bay,
Fresno, Humboldt, Los Angeles, Monterey Bay, Northridge, San
Bernadino, San Francisco, San Jose, Sonoma, and Stanislaus.  Not all
majors are open at these campuses. If you need help with your
application, please see Ms. Abrams or Price.

SENDING TEST SCORES:

8. If you are finished taking SAT's and /or ACT's and haven't told
College Board or ACT to send your test scores each UC and Cal State
campus where you are applying, do so ASAP.  To send your SAT scores
to Cal State campuses, use the code 3594 (CSU Mentor) and you will
only have to pay once to make your scores available to each Cal State
campus.  This service is not available through ACT.

9. If you're taking the SAT and/or the ACT in December, make sure
that you have listed all of the UC's and CSU's on your registration
form (you can use the code 3594 to send all of your SAT scores to
each CSU campus) so that they will receive your scores.  If you wait
until you get your scores and then tell the testing agency to send
them, it will be too late.

Events/ Performance

1. The Holiday Meal is a time for cheer and we want your help now! We
really need donations: pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars,
fives, tens, twenties, etc to help make this Holiday Meal effective
and enjoyable.  If you would like to make a donation please come to
D148.  There will be a can that you can put the money in, so you can
make a difference.  Help people and someone will help you.

2. BHS Drama and Shift Theatre present the comedy NOISES OFF by
Michael Frayn.  A 3-act play-within-a-play that USA Today calls, "A
frisky, freewheeling sex comedy about actors in a frisky,
freewheeling sex comedy!"
The ensemble cast includes Eric Chiang, Sonia Decker, Kelly Friedman,
Anne Kobori, Nico Kiefer, Mark Sorensen, Elena Wagoner, Peter Walton,
and Eli Wirtschafter.  Directed by Molly Bell. PERFORMANCE DATES:
Friday and Saturday, December 14 and 15, at 8 PM in the Florence
Schwimley Little Theater.  Tickets: Students/ Seniors/ Teachers $6
and General $12.

3. The Holiday Season is here!  Treat yourself and buy your winter
ball ticket.  Don't miss out on this red carpet affair!  Ticket sales
begin on December 10th at the box office during lunch and after
school. This event will take place on February 9th at the Historic
Dunsmuir House.

4. The 7th Annual Historically Black Colleges and Universities tour
will be held April 1- April 8, 2008 (Tour A).  If any student is
interested in the tour, please see Mrs. Parker in room D224.