[BHS etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Holiday Meal Update - Dec. 15

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Nov 26 06:50:17 PST 2007

Please do not reply to this email, if you have any questions please
call 510-644-8990 or email Edith_Jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Greetings BHS Family,

As some of you may know, I am leaving very soon to have my second
child!  This Thursday, November 29th will be my last official day!
Mr. Chris Young will be the interim  Director of Student Activities
and you can still email me your questions.  I hope you all have
wonderful holidays and please support the students in their upcoming
events.  This week in student activities....

ASB (Associated Student Body)

As a body, ASB sponsors a few large events each year.  The first was
Spirit Week Week, which was a huge success and the second is the
Holiday Meal, which I know will be just as successful.  The holiday
meal is time when the students at BHS give back to the less fortunate
members of our community.  They collect, cook, and serve food to
anywhere from 300-400 guests!  But they need your help.  Canned food
and non-perishable items can be brought to your son or daughter's
second period classes or they can be brought to the leadership office
directly, in D-148.

If you do not wish to bring cans and would like to make a financial
donation, that would also be greatly appreciated.  Money will be
accepted by second period teachers or again can be brought to D-148.
If you would like to donate any perishable items, for example turkeys,
hams, desserts, butter, breads, etc., these things can be brought to
the school on the morning of the holiday meal, which is Saturday
December 15th.

WHAT:  HOLIDAY MEAL
WHEN: DECEMBER 15th
WHERE: FOOD COURT AREA
TIME: FOOD SERVED FROM 1-5pm, BUT STUDENTS BEGIN COOKING AT 7AM
NEEDS: CANNED FOOD, TURKEYS, HAMS, FOOD TO SERVE THE HOMELESS,
VOLUNTEERS

QUESTIONS: CALL 510-644-8990 or Email Edith_Jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us