[BHS etree] BHSDG: Funding Announced; How to Donate

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Nov 7 11:05:01 PST 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Jenny Burroughs
(jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net or Susan Helmrich (shelmrich at aol.com)

The Berkeley High School Development Group (BHSDG) met on Nov. 5th and
funded several programs and projects:

* Vern Spohn - funds were added to the DG After-School Tutoring
Program for Advanced Biology
* Lucinda Daly - replacement batteries for cameras
* College Career Center - funds were provided to pay a substitute for
1 week while Ms. Harris was out
* Alex Friedus - African Masks project to accompany their reading of
Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart
* Lacie Lessard  - Cooking Workshop for Special Ed students
* The Ultimate Frisbee Club - tournament fees and discs
* Aaron Glimme - will attend and speak at "Digital Immigrants, Digital
Natives" conference in Monterey
* Dr. Elisa Stone - will attend and speak at the American Society for
Cell Biology Conference in Washington, D.C.

Remember that 25% of the BHSDG eScrip income will be given to the
Berkeley Athletic Fund (BAF), and the DG continues to sell Paper Scrip
including: Peet's, Berkeley Bowl, Solano Avenue Gift Certificates and
Five-Star Video. To order scrip send an email to Linda Safarik-Tong at
bhs_scrip at yahoo.com

Thank you to everyone in the BHS community for your support of the
BHSDG. We could not do all that we do without your generous
contributions. If you have not yet contributed, but would like to,
donations are always welcomed.  Please check your mail boxes next week
and watch for the Development Group's 2007 Annual Report.  We thank
you in advance for thinking of the DG when you make your year-end,
tax-deductible contributions.  Donations to the Development Group go
directly into programs and projects at the high school that benefit
all students.

Checks can be made out to BHSDG and sent to:

BHS Development Group
P.O. Box 519
Berkeley, CA 94701-0519

or go to http://www.bhsdg.org/ and donate using PayPal.