[BHS etree] SUPT: Edline on eTree

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Nov 6 09:43:25 PST 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Crystal Jensen
<mailto:BHSEdline at berkeley.k12.ca.us>

Berkeley High's presence at Edline.net provides student families with
the opportunity to view attendance and grade information, as well as
school information.

To login, go to edline.net
(Need help logging in the first time? See the instructions below.)

Parents and Guardians: How to receive an Activation Code

An Activation Code was mailed to every student's home address. If you
lost or did not receive the mailing, send an Email to
BHSEdline at berkeley.k12.ca.us with the information below. If the
address you provide matches an address we have on file for your
student, the activation code will be returned to you by regular mail.
We value the privacy of our student data. Information needed:

    * Student Name
    * Your name
    * Grade (Year in School)
    * Address, including zip code

Parent Trainings/Informational Meetings on Edline

Parent trainings are being held in the Library and at various
small-school/learning community meetings. If you need help with Edline
or want to know more about it, please come to one of our upcoming
trainings.

* Thursday, November 8 from 6:30pm to 7:30pm in the Berkeley High
library (in the Administration Building - D, 2nd floor)
* Thursday, November 15 from 7:00pm to 7:30pm in the College/Career
Center for CPA Parents
* Other meetings pending

Accessing Edline the First Time

The is a one-time process -- once you've done this there is no need to
do it again. After this, you will no longer need your Activation Code
- you will always use the Screen Name and Password you choose to
access Edline.

Follow these steps:
1.    Locate your personal Edline Activation Code in the box on the
letter you received.
2.    Go to www.edline.net in a browser on a computer (Internet
Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Netscape, etc)
3.    Click on 'Click here if you have a new activation code.'
4.    Fill in your Activation Code and click 'Enter.' Your personal
activation code is listed below.
5.    A new page will appear with your name.  Click 'Activate this
Code.'
6.    Read the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.  Scroll to the bottom
and click 'I Agree.'
7.    Click 'New Account.'  (IMPORTANT: If you already have an active
Edline account, choose the Combine Accounts option and follow
prompts.)
8.    Create a user name and password.
9.    Enter your personal e-mail information. Your e-mail account will
be used by Edline to inform you when important announcements from your
child's teacher or school have been posted.
10.    Choose a security question and type your answer.  Click
'Update.'

On the last account activation page, we recommend that you save the
'Student/Parent Quick-Start Guide' so you can make the most of Edline.

To maintain the privacy of your student's information, do not share
your account information with anyone.