[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 11/7/07

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Nov 6 17:53:00 PST 2007

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
November 7, 2007

*Indicates new or updated item

Administration

*1. Canned food drive has begun.  Please bring your canned food items
to your second period classroom.  The class with the most canned
foods will receive a pizza party in December.  The food is for the
holiday meal scheduled for December 15th.

2. The Book Room will be CLOSED November 5- November 8.  Please do
not send students at lunchtime.  Teachers, you can schedule with
Tiffany Williams the following week.

3. There will NOT BE A LATE START Wednesday this month due to Staff
Development Day.  Please make a note of this.

Clubs

*1. What's up Berkeley High! Unity Day will be on Thursday, November
8, 2007.  Get your arm band from your Youth Together representative
or from the Parent Resource Center.  We will also be hosting our
weekly meeting after school on Thursday in C224.

2. Earphone English- Wednesday at lunch in C116.  Let's meet by 11:45 AM
with our lunches, so that we have time to talk.

3. Got Independence? Independent Theatre Projects is coming.
Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors who are interested in
theatre should come to room C213 at lunch on November 14, 15, or 20
for more information.  Remember: this is your brain, and this is your
independence.

Sports

*1. All cross country runners come to a meeting at the track on
Wednesday 11/8 at 4:30 PM.  Make sure to bring your uniform.

2. Varsity, JV, Freshman Girls Soccer: Tryouts are Monday 5:30-8:00 PM,
Tuesday through Friday 6:15 - 8:30 PM on the BHS Turf.  Head coach
Suzanne Sillett, off campus coach, 10th year.  Contact:
soccersuz at gmail.com.

Senior / Junior Section

1. Essay Readers and workshops- Essay readers will be available in the
College/Career Center every day before school, at lunch, and after
school.  Also, readers are available 6th period  Monday, Tuesday and
Thursday.  No sign-ups are necessary; just bring your essay draft.

2. SENIORS-Sign up in the College/ Career Center to attend these
college visits.  You must get an authorization (Available in D221)
signed by the teacher whose class you will miss.

College Visits:

Thursday, November 8
       8:30  School of the Museums of Fine Arts (MA)
       9:30  Swarthmore (PA)
       2:20  San Francisco State

3. Workshops:
Essay writing workshops:  Morning workshops will be held in the
College/Career Center.  Afternoon workshops in either Conference Room
A or B.  Students must sign up to attend.  Wednesday, 11/7, 7:30 AM
in the college/ career center.

4. APPLY TO THE UCs AND CAL SATES NOW! The UC application is now
available online at http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/
The first day to submit your application was November 1.  The Cal
State application is available at www.csumentor.edu.  You can start
the applications and save them as you go.  Sign up to attend the
application workshops where you can get one-on-one help with both
applications.  All workshops will be held in the BHS library:
Tues, 11/13, 3:30 PM
Wed, 11/14, 7:30 AM
Thurs, 11/15, 3:30 PM

Events / Performances

1. Youth talent and LOGO Contest!  Calling all Artists: BAY-Peace
needs your help in creating a brand new logo.  Youth Talent Showcase-
November 18th, 2-5 pm at our Open House.  Lots of prizes: Cash, Gift
certificates
and more.

2. The 7th Annual Historically Black Colleges and Universities tour
will be held April 1 - April 8, 2008 (Tour A).  If any student is
interested in the tour, please see Mrs. Parker in room D224.

Sales

*1. BART ticket orders will be taken on Nov. 14th and Nov 15th at
lunchtime in room D224.  Ticket price is $16.00 cash only please.
Correct amount for the number of tickets you wish to purchase will be
appreciated.  Thanks.