[BHS etree] EVENT: Youth Track Race - To Run or Volunteer, Oct. 28

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Oct 24 14:13:58 PDT 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Molly Sokhom at (510)
981-5142

The City of Berkeley Recreation Division is sponsoring a free youth
race event -- the Pumpkin Patch Dash -- at the Berkeley High track.
High school students are encouraged to come out and run; there will be
medals awarded as well.

We are also looking for volunteers for community service hours, so if
you don't want to run you can help out.  More details about the 2nd
Annual Pumpkin Patch Dash 2007:

What:
The Recreation Division will sponsor youth track races and a Halloween
carnival for grades K-12! There will also be carnival games, face
painting, a picture-taking booth, and a pumpkin drawing contest for
all ages. T-shirts and goodie bags will be given out to participants
on a first come first serve basis at the registration table.

When:
Sunday, October 28, 2007

Where:
Berkeley High School
Track/Football Field
1980 Allston Way, Berkeley

Schedule:
Carnival: 9:45am-11:45am
Youth Races: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Grades K-2: 10:00am, 1 lap
Grades 3-5: 10:50am, 1/2mile or 2 laps
Grades 6-8: 11:00am, 3/4mile or 3 laps
Grades 9-12: 11:50am, 1 mile or 4 laps

We hope to make this a successful and enjoyable event. If you have any
questions, please contact me at (510) 981-5142 or by email.