[BHS etree] SCRIP: Support Berkeley High the Free and Easy Way

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Sep 18 21:07:52 PDT 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact bhs_scrip at yahoo.com]

Berkeley Bowl Shoppers, Peet's Addicts, Five Star Video Renters -- the
Development Group needs you!

If you are a regular at any of the businesses above, your trip to the
store can earn money for BHS.  How?  Purchase scrip!  The Development
Group buys scrip (coupons) from these merchants, who give us a
discount when we buy in bulk.  We sell the coupons to you at face
value and earn a profit.

There is no added cost to you -- the profit earned from your purchase
comes from the merchants.   With less than 100 families participating
last year, we earned close to $15,000.  The possibilities for this
type of fundraiser are enormous!

If you live in Berkeley, we deliver the scrip to your home.  Here are
the details:

**Berkeley Bowl scrip comes in $20 denominations, we earn 4%
**Peet's electronic cards come in $20's and $50's, we earn 10%
**Five Star Video scrip comes in $20's and we earn 20%.
**Solano Avenue Association scrip comes in $10's and we earn 8%.

Over 30 merchants on or near Solano Avenue accept these coupons.  Go
to < http://www.solanoavenueassn.org/ >  for the current list.

For more details, contact Linda Safarik-Tong at bhs_scrip at yahoo.com or
524-5544.