[BHS etree] PTSA: BHS Safety Committee Update

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Sep 10 17:10:33 PDT 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact  Mark van Krieken
[mailto:markvk4 at comcast.net]

Dean of Students, Alejandro Ramos, will be speaking at Tuesday night's
PTSA meeting to explain the make-up and objectives of the newly
forming BHS Safety Committee.  Any parents who are interested in
joining the committee should come to the meeting and sign-up with Dean
Ramos (it was decided that an election and speeches would not be
needed).  Although a final structure is yet to be finalized,
yesterday's planning meeting discussed the possibility of having a
steering committee and several subcommittees to deal with such issues
as bullying and fighting, drugs and alcohol, physical and mental
health, and earthquake/disaster preparedness.  If any of these topics
are of particular interest to you, please come and join us at the PTSA
meeting, Tuesday at 7 PM in the Little Theater.  We need your
participation to make this work!

The next meeting of the Safety Committee is Thursday, September 13th
at 4 PM in room H104 where we hope to finalize the structure,
participants and objectives of the committee.  For more information,
feel free to contact Alejandro Ramos at aramos at berkeley.k12.ca.us.

We hope you'll join us!

Alejandro Ramos, BHS Dean of Students
Mark van Krieken, BHS PTSA President