[BHS etree] ADMIN: Traffic Warning, Census Report

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Aug 30 21:03:00 PDT 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Janet Huseby
jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. The Berkeley Police Department dropped by the BHS office on
Thursday to inform us that they will start issuing parking tickets for
the following violations: double parking, obstructing the traffic
lane, leaving a car unattended in a passenger loading zone, parking
too long in a 10 minute zone, blocking a crosswalk, stopping at a red
curb, in a disabled zone and blocking a driveway.  "When dropping off
or picking up children," said the police flyer they left at the front
desk, "you must take the time to park your vehicle legally."  For your
child's safety, as well as that of others, do not park illegally to
allow your child to exit or enter the vehicle. Children running
between, and in front of, other cars are not always seen.

You may legally drop your children off along Milvia--though only when
you actually pull up to the curb.

2.  On the opening day of school Berkeley High had 3,266 students.  In
the past, approximately 125 to 150 of those students were "no shows."
We are currently staffed for a little over 3,000 students. Coming up
with an accurate count is very important for readjusting class size
and number of teachers.  Every day during 2nd period, with the help of
volunteers, we take a census. The no shows are dropped from the books
after not attending for 10 school days--eight more to go.  If you can
help, please come to the Front Desk between 9:30 and 11:00.  We also
need help at the beginning of each period to deliver schedule changes.
Once again if you can help, please come to the Front Desk.