[BHS etree] SUPT: Berkeley Public Ed Foundation Names New Exec Director

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Aug 26 11:14:31 PDT 2007

The Berkeley Public Education Foundation asked me to share their exciting
news with the community.

New Executive Director Named at BFEF

BERKELEY, CA --  August 16, 2007 -- Berkeley Public Education Foundation
announced today the appointment of Molly Fraker as its new Executive
Director.  She will join the organization effective September 4, 2007.

"We are delighted to welcome Molly to BPEF, and feel fortunate to have
someone with her knowledge, skills, and experience," noted Calvin Eng,
Chair of the Foundation's board.   "She brings a deep understanding of the
importance of philanthropy in our community, and a commitment to bringing
resources and innovation to Berkeley schools.  We look forward to her
leadership as we continue our efforts to sustain and broaden BPEF's
positive impact in classrooms across the school district."

Berkeley Public Education Foundation is approaching its 25th year of
building community support and commitment for the city's K12 public
schools.  The Foundation pursues its mission by raising funds for
classroom grants; encouraging volunteerism through its Berkeley School
Volunteers program; and lending leadership and support to facilitate
collaborations and bring resources to address special needs and programs
within the schools.  Each year, through generous donor contributions and
the value of volunteer services, over $1.5 million is directed to our goal
of ensuring quality education for every student in our diverse community.

Mark A. Coplan
Public Information Officer, BUSD
510-644-6320
Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us