[BHS etree] BHSDG: Berkeley High Development Group meeting Tuesday, Sept 4, 7PM

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Aug 21 16:11:07 PDT 2007

  Contacts:  Susan Helmrich (shelmrich at aol.com) or Jenny Burroughs
(jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net)

  BERKELEY HIGH SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT GROUP

Do you like to fundraise?
Do you want to help with community building events?
Do you like to review grant applications?
Do you want to learn more about BHS?

Then you should consider joining the Berkeley High School Development
Group (BHSDG)!

  Mark your calendar for the first meeting of the BHSDG for the
2007-08 academic year:

WHEN:            Tuesday, September 4, 2007*  7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
WHERE:          Berkeley High School-- in the College/Career Center,
Room D221, 1980 Allston Way

*We usually meet the first Monday of each month except when there is
a holiday or no school

The Development Group is an independent non-profit 501 (c)(3)
corporation which was founded by a group of parent volunteers in 1991
to ensure the quality and excellence of Berkeley High School.  We are
the primary fundraising organization for the school (along with the
Berkeley Athletic Fund), and we provide grants from these funds to
students, teachers and administrators for projects to enhance the
school.  Our mission is to support and strengthen the educational
experience of all BHS students by raising and distributing funds to
enhance academic and other programs at BHS.  We are a working board;
each member plays an important role to accomplish the many tasks at
hand and attends the monthly board meeting.  This group has made a
tremendous contribution to the school over the years, and we hope to
continue to grow to benefit the rich, diverse community of BHS.

We hope you will consider joining this fabulous BHS organization.  We
are looking for committed and energetic volunteers who are looking
for a great way to get involved at BHS.

Questions?  Contact either Co-President Susan Helmrich