[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Third call Registration, First weeks of school, Front desk

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Aug 16 07:29:43 PDT 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact: Jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. Registration is next week.  We STILL need help, ESPECIALLY ON
FRIDAY! The goal is now 14 volunteers per shift.  Morning shifts are
8:45am to noon and afternoon shifts are 12:45pm to 3:45. Below you
will see how many volunteers we currently have each shift.
Tuesday:   morning 14, afternoon 14
Wednesday: morning 11, afternoon 11
Thursday:  morning 10, afternoon 13
Friday:    morning 10, afternoon 8

The fewer the volunteers, the longer the lines. The seniors will have
VERY long lines on Friday, so please help!  The jobs are not taxing
but they are very necessary and it is a very nice opportunity to meet
a large number of our dear Berkeley High students.  If you can please
take a shift (8:45 to noon) and (12:45 to 3:45) you would be most
appreciated.  Please contact me at jhuseby at pacbell.net

2. There will be a Makeup Registration Day on Tuesday, August 28
morning and afternoon  We need help for all the same tasks as during
regular registration: lockers, laminating, textbooks, collecting
forms, handing out schedules. etc.  if you can help, please let me
know.

3. The first few days of school  are  very exciting.  We need
volunteers to come in before school to hand out schedules and help
with picture IDs.  We need volunteers to deliver schedule changes
(takes place all day) and finally we need help with the famous Census
which takes place between 9:15 and 10:30 every day for the first 10
days of school  .  If you can help , please let me know what day and
what time.  Thank you  very much.

4. Finally, the Front Desk.  This, unlike the opportunities above is a
year long commitment. Volunteers take a regular 1.5 hour shift on a
weekly basis to meet and greet, direct traffic, and help with small
administrative tasks. It can be quiet or very exciting--depends on the
week! You will also learn A LOT about Berkeley High.  If you are
interested in taking a shift, let me know and I will send you the
current schedule so you can see what openings we have.

Janet
Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net