[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: 2nd Call for registration help Aug. 21-24

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Aug 9 22:56:44 PDT 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Janet Huseby
jhuseby at pacbell.net

Berkeley High's registration starts in 10 days.  In order to pull off
a smooth registration the school needs a MINIMUM of 10 volunteers each
morning and each afternoon Tuesday-Friday, August 21-24.  So far I
have the following numbers:

August 21 (freshmen): am  11 volunteers; pm  6 volunteers
August 22 (sophomores): am 3 volunteers; pm 7 volunteers
August 23 (juniors): am 5 volunteers; pm 2 volunteers
August 24 (seniors); am 4 volunteers; pm 2 volunteers

You can see we have a ways to go. Volunteers direct traffic, hand out
lockers, distribute textbooks, collect forms, etc.

Principal Slemp is very proud that over the last few years,
registration has gotten smoother and faster and waiting times have
been drastically reduced. In no small measure these important
improvements which set a standard for respect and orderliness, have
been achieved as a result of the incredible support our community
gives the school.  If you can help, please consider coming in for
either a morning (8:45-11:45) shift  or the afternoon (12:45-3:30) on
one of those days.  As an added bonus you will get to see hundreds of
our wonderful and most special students!

Thank you,
Janet